SALARY: $55.35 per/hour or $8,994.36 per/mo.to $61.66 per/hour or $10,019.75 per/mo. Commensurate with experience, includes benefits
BACKGROUND: Oakland ReCAST (Resiliency in Communities After Stress and Trauma) led by the City of Oakland’s Human Services Department (HSD), will promote resiliency and equity for Oakland’s high-risk youth and adults most affected by trauma, violence, and civil unrest. A multi-sector coalition of stakeholders will work together to improve behavioral health and reduce trauma among the highest-risk young people and their families, empower community residents, and improve community-police relations. The goals of the initiative are: (1) Provide coordinated training to community-based social service providers and law enforcement entities to increase use of trauma-informed practices; (2) Expand access to trauma-informed behavioral health services by enhancing use of evidence-based models among City-funded human service programs and developing a service pipeline to County-funded services, and (3) Support the work of community partners to address tensions in law enforcementcommunity relations and to promote community resiliency and healing.
THE POSITION: The City of Oakland is currently recruiting to fill an Exempt Limited Duration Employee (Project Manager) within the Human Services Department. This position is limited to one-year in duration and includes benefits and upon confirmation of grant renewal, the position will become permanent. This position will be responsible for the direction, management and implementation of Oakland ReCAST a five year grant, $1 million per year, beginning winter 2016. The Incumbent will report to the Human Services Department Director. The ideal candidate is creative, a strong leader, has strong facilitation skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, experience working in the public sector, has the ability to partner and lead a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency collaborative, and possesses a background in behavioral health, health care and/ or violence prevention, or related field.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Facilitate and lead a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency collaborative focused on resilience and trauma informed care.
- Coordinate trauma informed care services.
- Plan, organize, manage, participate in and direct the work of the project including the development, successful implementation, and quality control aspects of Oakland ReCAST.
- Prepare long-range plans in coordination with City departments, other divisions, and other public agencies; develop policies and procedures for establishing costs, schedule controls and coordinating activities.
- Formulate strategies and establish priorities to achieve objectives.
- Negotiate and administer contracts with project participants and service providers; resolve conflicts in a timely manner satisfying the client’s needs, the designer’s concepts and in keeping with the budgetary constraints and established schedule.
- Analyze proposed and current project management regulations and develop recommendations for implementation compliance.
- Prepare or review staff reports and resolutions for the City Administrator, City Council, or Commissions and all required grant reporting.
- Work closely with department representatives, the City Council, public and private groups, professional groups, and citizens to explain or coordinate plans for proposed projects and to solicit their support.
- Direct the preparation and administration of project budgets.
- Prepare cost forecasts, variances, and critical paths including project closeout procedures; maintain master schedule and inform management of potential conflicts.
- Manage, assign, supervise, and evaluate assigned staff; provide training and staff development.